Girls Varsity Soccer
Game Summaries & Headlines.
Hello Sailor Soccer Tribe,
It has been a great opening week, and we are excited for week two!
A couple of recaps and details for the week:
- As coaches, we have really missed the moments that we spend as an entire family preparing for the season. So much so that we have discussed the risk vs reward on a daily basis. We have concluded at this time that we will stay the track of "Save the Season", and keep JV and Varsity charging forward as two separate groups.
- With the above in mind we will be taking two buses, 1 for JV and 1 for varsity, for all away games. As mentioned prior, players are allowed to travel with their parents for all away game. We have set up a link for all players to fill out so we have each player accounted for. Please go to the following link to fill out your status - SSHS Ladies Soccer 5/4 Glenwood Travel Plan
- We are in the midst of holding 1-on-1 meetings with each player to discuss individual roles, hone in on personal attributes, and identify areas for personal growth. We feel these meetings are a good way to get everyone on the same page and are a foundation on which to build on throughout the season.
- A quick recap for Erin - our JV pool came out with incredible energy, positivity, and a desire to compete to make those around you better on Day 1 and it carried through the entire week. Individual Player meetings were held with the sole intention being that each player has an idea of where we see them playing, what their strengths are, and come areas to focus on for improvement. Looking forward to another solid week of training and some competitive matches ahead!
- This week both JV and Varsity will be going through an exercise of defining our structural integrity and team culture. More to come.
See everyone out on the field!
Erin, Andrew, and Rob