Announcements and Important Events
Steamboat Springs School District Activity Guidelines
Decisions to return to coach/participant contact will need to be made with an abundance of caution and within federal, state, and local guidelines. As much as the return to athletics and activities is invading our every thought and the external pressure mounts with each passing day, we must continue to make our decisions based on the safety and well-being of all those in the SSSD community.
Steamboat Springs School District will continue to adhere to local and state guidelines.
- Groups of 25 (including coaches) are allowed to resume in person training. These training sessions are only allowed outside. All safety recommendations below must be followed.
- Groups of 10 people (including coaches) per room are allowed to resume in person training using the weight room and gyms at SSHS. Groups may not mix, and must remain independent of each other.
NOTE- All (Head, Asst., and Volunteer) coaches must meet with AD for COVID mitigation training prior to resuming in person training sessions.
- Virtual training sessions will continue to be permitted. These virtual sessions may be live or recorded.
- All out of season work must be strictly voluntary. Some parents and students will experience levels of anxiety about returning and therefore should not feel pressured to engage in physical contact prior to adequate comfortability. In no way should summer participation be linked to a condition for participation at a later date.
- Coaches must adhere to all this plan. Failure to do so puts kids, families, and communities at risk and will not be tolerated.
- Administrators will monitor all Federal, State, Health alerts and be willing to adjust this plan to meet safety standards as needed. These are fluid times and decisions require flexibility.
- Public gathering numbers will align with federal, state and local mandates. Numbers may change as restrictions are lifted/scaled back. Administrators will communicate all changes.
- Social distancing per federal, state and local guidelines must be adhered to during all sessions.
- Groups should be divided into “pods” and should include the same participants and coaches at each session to limit the risk of exposure.
- Coaches/participants/managers/volunteers should self screen prior to each session (ie temperature checks, Covid-19 general Q and A’s, etc)
- Coaches/participants/managers/volunteers should answer the following prior to each session meeting: (recomend you use CHSAA Daily Symptom Tracker http://chsaanow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2020-21-sports-Symptom-Tracker.pdf )
- In the last 14 days, have you been in direct contact (without wearing appropriate personal protective equipment) with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or had COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you developed a cough, fever or shortness of breath in the last 72 hours?
- Have you developed two or more of the following symptoms in the last 72 hours: chills, muscle aches, severe headache, sore throat, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of smell or loss of taste?
- Safety should be the number one priority of all coaches and participants.
- No use of locker rooms or shower facilities. Coaches and participants should report to sessions dressed to participate.
- Sanitation is a high priority. Weight and all equipment should be sanitized prior to and after each participant’s use. Breaks should be scheduled in work-out sessions and between “pods” to disinfect all areas. Timelines should be a minimum of 15 minutes between groups. Staggered entry and exits of “pods” should also be included.
- Sharing of equipment is discouraged and if necessary equipment must be sanitized between uses. This includes but is not limited to (balls, bats, clubs, rackets, sleds, helmets, masks, etc).
- Hand sanitizer should be provided, in abundance and visible during all indoor and outdoor sessions.
- Each participant in the sessions should have their own personal water bottles for hydration. Water fountains and shared water sources should not be allowed.
- Safety racks for weight training are recommended during a weight training session in order to meet all social distancing guidelines. No person to person spotting.
- Masks are required at all times for all indoor sessions (coaches and athletes). Masks should be worn for all outdoor sessions unless social distancing can be ensured.
- Sessions should not be scheduled with outside groups. It is important that the school environment remain controlled and monitored.
- Spectators (parents, media, etc) or non-essential individuals should not be allowed to attend or observe sessions.
- No loitering. Athletes and coaches should arrive on time, and leave immediately following the sessions.