Announcements and Important Events
Steamboat Springs High School
- Steamboat Springs High School has a no-F policy and will run weekly eligibility grade checks.
- A school-wide report is run every Tuesday afternoon to check grades. An email will be sent to parents and students notifying them if they are on this week's Academic Warning List (students with a D or F). The list of athletes with a D and/or F's is distributed to head coaches, Athletic Director, and the Assistant Principal.
- It is the athlete's responsibility to remain aware of their grades. They need to communicate and work directly with their teachers to get their grades up.
- A Final Eligibility Report is run every Friday afternoon. Student athletes who have any F's at this time will NOT BE ELIGIBLE the following Monday - Saturday.
- The grades posted on Fridays are the final determination of eligibility for the next week.
- Ineligible student athletes may go to practices and games; however, they may not miss any class time to attend games and may not dress in uniform for games until they have regained eligibility.
The policy for Failed Semester grades follow the restrictions implemented by CHSAA. Students will be ineligible if they fail classes with credits totaling more that .5 units and must pass five academic classes.